Six Movies to Get You Into the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

As we all frantically prepare for our upcoming finals, remember that we’re only a week away from starting to enjoy the holidays. If you’re in need of a study break and are in the mood for a holiday movie, here are Her Campus Berkeley’s top 6 recommendations!

6) The Polar Express—the tale of a boy taking a magical train ride to the North Pole on Christmas eve is visually masterful.  

5) The Holiday—Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet’s characters swap houses over the holidays, and drama and romance ensues. 

4) A Christmas Story– Ralphie’s antics as he strives to get a BB gun for Christmas never fails to get old. 

3) How the Grinch Stole Christmas—This Christmas classic requires no explanation. Let your heart grow three sizes as you watch the village of Whoville celebrate Christmas. 

2) Home Alone—Watching Kevin ingeniously defend his home from two crooks while his family is away will put anyone into the holiday spirit!

1) Love Actually—This is the ultimate holiday romantic comedy, always their to remind you that “love is all around.”

Ivana Saric

UC Berkeley

I am currently a freshman at UC Berkeley. When not doing homework and studying french, my time is consumed by books, music, and netflix.
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.