Multifunctional Jeans—The Future is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Joe’s Jeans has recently come out with a pair of jeans complete with an external battery to charge your phone. The battery is included in the jean’s design. But these jeans are cheap; they’ll cost you 189 dollars simply for the blue jeans with the battery pack being an additional 49 dollars. Yet, it quite exciting that this sort of tech incorporate fashion is already consumer available. The jeans are said to charge an Iphone 5 and 5s up to 85% and a Iphone 6 to 70%. Its kind a bummer that it doesn’t fully charge your phone, especially if you’re like me….it always seems like my phone is at 10%. However, I have to give props to Joe’s Jeans for being one of the firsts to make wearable technology for the current generations of social media addicts. Talk about being fashion forward! It seems like just the beginning of technologically incorporated attire! Who knows maybe we’ll finally be able to live in the fashionable world of Back to the Future and the Zenon series. 

I'm a sophomore at UC Berkeley studying Cognitive Science and Computer Science. I enjoy hiking, eating, and movie watching.
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.