Healthy Tips to Follow Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Dead Week, RRR Week, or Seal Week (as Professor Darren Zook likes to call it) is definitely a stressful time. It’s usually full of procrastination, stress-eating, yawns, panic, and cramming. That being said, I decided to compile a list of healthy foods to eat as snacks and quick exercises to do during study breaks. Here we go!

Healthy snacks:

1. Banana Dog Bites (according to BuzzFeed and some other websites)—it basically includes a tortilla, a banana, and some peanut butter

2. Almonds

3. Cucumbers

4. Carrots

5. Celery (with peanut butter, anyone?)

6. Oatmeal

7. Apples

8. Bananas

9. Oranges

10. Blueberries

11. (Frozen) grapes

12. Really, just pretty much any kind of fruit, like strawberries

13. Hummus with whole grain chips

14. Greek yogurt (sprinkled with granola pieces and some fruit = amazingness)

15. Pistachios

16. Hard-boiled eggs

17. String cheese

18. Kale chips

Fun exercises:

1. Holding a plank position for 20 seconds

2. Jumping jacks

3. High knees

4. Running in place

5. Step ups (involves stepping on a chair—be careful)

6. Wrist/forearm stretches (important if you’ve been typing for a while—avoid carpal tunnel!)

7. Going outside and walking around for some fresh air

8. STRETCH AFTER (I repeat, after) you work out! It’ll help you avoid cramps and total soreness

What to avoid:

1. High amounts of caffeine (I’m looking at you, coffee addicts)

2. Junk food snacks (there’s a reason why it’s called junk food)

3. Binge-watching Netflix and Youtube videos

4. Scrolling through your newsfeed
Aurora

UC Berkeley

Student | Feminist | Idealist "To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated, or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." -Arundhati Roy
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.