Handling your Meal Points

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Here are some useful tips on how to handle your Meal Points

If you are running out:

1) Budget your meal points by referring to the usage chart found on the Cal Dining website. It tells you how many MPs you should have every week.

2) Mooch off of a friend who has way too many.

3) Purchase more meal points!

4) Take some fruit or other items to go, but not too much, from the dining halls to save for later! You don’t need to eat at a buffet every meal. 

If you have too many:

1) Swipe your friends in!

2) Buy some essentials at Bear Market. You can get toothpaste, detergent, tissues, deodorant, and other vital hygiene products. Delicious mocha ice cream and pints of

Ben & Jerry’s ice cream are found here! Yum! There are also similar markets at Foothill and Clark Kerr.

3) Donate to the food pantry! Just ask any cashier about it at a Cal Dining Hall location!

4) Buy a lot of snacks and have a party!   

Happy spending and saving!

Jessica Hou

UC Berkeley

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.