Features

• Social Media

Social media is a concept which has grown exponentially throughout my lifetime. I have watched this type of online community grow from...

• Traipsing Through Telegraph

I shielded the numerical keypad on the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, or, as I like to call it, “Berkeley’s Alternative to Rent Troubles”)...

• Prioritizing Your Mental Well-Being

It’s the middle of term, classes are in full swing, and midterms are as stressful as ever. The most important thing a student under a lot...

• 10.01.2017

10.01.2017 Bang bang. Lives die In a blink of an eye Because someone played God With a toy he should never have. Phones rang. Weeps and...

• Overcoming Math Anxiety

Linear algebra, trigonometry, single and multivariable calculus, math, etc. The list just keeps on going. For most students, these subjects...

• The Subtleties of Racism in Dating

Just a couple nights ago, a distant acquaintance labeled me to be discriminatory against African Americans. Insulted by his claims, I asked...

• There's No Her in HEalthcare

Healthcare is going through a major makeover, and it’s not a good look. No, I’m not talking about the Graham Cassidy Healthcare Plan that...

• Backpack Necessities

Average people associate October with spooky and scary things like vampires, scary movies, and trick-or-treating; however college students...

• A Lecture From My Uber Driver

Berkeley has been the site of a great deal of commotion throughout the years since the Free Speech Movement began, and it seems especially...

• Beloved Brew

The curled, white, foamy leaves bob up and down, and swirl in lopsided circles when I move and rest the mug on the counter. This latte has...

• 9.21.1999

9.21.1999. If you are Taiwanese, you will know this date. This date is what 9/11 is for all Americans. It was the date tragedy beyond...

• Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad, It was really good to be back last weekend if it was only for a few days. It reminded me that I still have a support...

• Preparation For Free Speech Week

Next week at UC Berkeley, we will experience an event that could hold catastrophic consequences. In terms of what this may mean to a...