Everything You Need for Holiday Workouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Working out during the month of December can seem like the biggest joke at times. Even in the golden state of California, the cold weather can seem like a burden. Convenience is a huge issue, from pre-workout energy boosting to post-workout touch-ups. But we’ve got you covered so you can keep in shape with no trouble at all. For those of you who haven’t experienced it yourself, those workouts keep you sane as well during the most stress-inducing periods of your life. Much better remedy than overindulgences on food or other substances. 

1. Pre-workout protein is a common phenomenon but have you ever tried pre-workout tea for a change?

Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy tea by Yogi is the quickest fix I’ve taken in order to boost my mood. Not only is it energy inducing, it also smells and tastes incredible.

2. Once you’re done with your workout, here are a few go-to products to bring to the gym with you. Rimmel London has a couple of products that are easy to use and are sold at the most incredible prices.

To list a few, use their Scandaleyes Original Mascara for beautiful lashes. Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner is a must have but make sure to also bring a eyeliner sharpener in case it dulls out. 

3. If you’re aiming to look cute right after the gym, the Provocalips 16 HR Kissproof Lip Colour, also by Rimmel London, is a must have. I’ve tried endless colors and I still am at odds as to which is the cutest but they come in pinks to purples to reds. 

And true to its claim, this lipstick stays on, literally for forever, even after a few sloppy kisses. 

4. You can’t forget shaving. If you’re running to the library again to study, scruffy hair is a no. My motto for most of what I do is that when you feel good about yourself, you perform so much better and are able to execute everything to perfection. 

The Pure Silk Cream is a shave cream that comes in a compact cute bottle and the scent is unforgettable. 

5. Lastly, after that strenuous day of studying and working out, please treat yourself. You deserve it. I am so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself as well. The best face mask I’ve used in 2016 is by the brand Leaders Cosmetics. My skin dries out easily but the 7 Wonder Caribbean Coconut Calming Mask is the most moisturizing product after a harsh day.

Love yourself and treat yourself well! 

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.