Campus Celeb: Rosemary Hua

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Cal alumni and co-founder of Empathy FX International: Rosemary Hua

Rosemary Hua recently graduated from UC Berkeley obtaining a simultaneous degree in Business Administration (B.S.) and Political Science (B.A.). In her last years as a Cal bear, she served as an ASUC Senator and as the President of the Haas Business School Association. 

In 2010, Hua along with Nana Aggrey Fynn founded Empathy FX International, which is a nonprofit that builds and sustains schools in rural villages in Ghana. Hua has always been very passionate about educational growth opportunities and the idea of using education as a tool to combat global poverty.  

When Hua isn’t combating global poverty she is enjoying one of the pastimes she loves the most, dancing. During her time at UC Bekeley, Hua was part of 8 different dance teams. Not only is Hua an excellent dancer but she can also play 7 different instruments. Amazing!!

In her future plans, Hua hopes to attend law school and further her work with Empathy FX International. We are proud of her and happy to call her a fellow Golden Bear!!

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.