3 Items Necessary to Start Stressing Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

As the stress levels are oh-so-clearly rising at Berkeley, all we have to look forward to is Spring Break in T minus 18 days. But to survive these next few weeks, we have some solid advice!

1. Freeman Beauty’s Dry Shampoo

Not only does this travel size shampoo smell like tropical vacations, the lightweight formula is perfect for those moments when you are on the grind and your hair becomes your last priority.

Trust me, as someone who works out every day, my hair gets grimy regularly and this is an easy fix when I’m in a rush.

2. L’O’real Self Tanning Lotion 

Now that we are locked in libraries all day and night, no one has a fantastic tan anymore BUT if you’re going to the bahamas or somewhere bikini-friendly during spring break, the easiest fix is this tanning lotion. The process is easy– clean your skin, apply moisturizer, and bronze. It’s even a new fad to apply to this as contour and simply wash it off in 20 min and the results of the contour look natural for about half a week.

3. Juicy Couture Black Label

I never hesitate to say this, but treat yourself. Juicy Couture has launched a sweet new brand that contains everything from handbags to dainty jewelry to classic tracksuits. Don’t miss out. Just a week ago, I snapped my glasses right in half and went to the Tang center to get new frames as soon as possible, not wanting to wander like a blind bat. I chose several frames, ranging from Coach to Calvin Klein. Out of all the ones I tried on, the optometrist automatically decided the Juicy Couture Black Label fit my face the best and now, I thankfully have another pair of beautiful glasses that I absolutely adore.

Take it easy and remember to keep going, despite any struggles you might encounter. Everything will work out fine and everything will be worth it. 

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.