This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

As a month of 2013 has passed (can you believe it?), many cosmetic brands have released some of their new beauty products for this year. With such a wide range of products, the ones mentioned below are the essentials for an everyday, wearable makeup look. Not only are they amazing products, but they are also affordable and can be purchased at any local drugstore!

After going through all your skincare steps, if you need the coverage, take any foundation and apply that evenly over your skin. If you don’t need the coverage, skip this and move on to the next step: concealer. The drugstore foundation I recommend is the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation.

1. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation ($9.99)

The new Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation is supposed to be like your own skin, hence the “naked” in the name. It claims to give good coverage yet at the same time, feel light and look fresh. It does just that! Not only does it feel like you are not wearing any foundation, but it looks like you aren’t either. It doesn’t cake up, and it doesn’t look too matte or too shiny. It has the perfect amount of dewiness and also has SPF 20, which is an awesome bonus!

Moving on from foundation, an awesome concealer has arrived at the drugstore! It is the L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer. For girls with just a few imperfections, there is no need for foundation, just cover those minor imperfections with a concealer.

2. L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer ($8.95)

This new concealer is easy to throw in your purse and take around as it comes in the form of a “crayon”. The coverage is phenomenal and the concealer melts right into the skin. This is an all purpose concealer, as the tip allows for precise concealing of blemishes and the sides of the crayon allow for covering larger areas of the skin such as under the eyes and around the nose and mouth (where there is usually redness). Because this concealer is not too dry, it does not settle into the fine lines many people have under their eyes. This concealer is perfect for fixing any minor skin issue a girl might have, be it blemishes or dark circles.

Now that our faces are perfected and all imperfections are covered, we can move on to the eyes. Maybelline’s 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadows have been many people’s favorites for 2012. In this past month, Maybelline has just released their new “Metal” line for the Color Tattoos and they are incredible!

3. Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadow ($6.99)

I highly recommend these eyeshadows for those who must have some color on their lids before heading out the door. These eyeshadows are super creamy and take such little time to apply because you can just apply them with your fingers, sweep the color on your lids and head out the door! Yet, if you’d like something  a little more dramatic for nighttime, you can just take the same color tattoo and add in a darker shadow on the outer corner of your lids to deepen up and make the color more dramatic. The color tattoos can even act as a base to keep your shadows on longer and help the colors you apply after be more vibrant! These eyeshadows are so versatile so I highly recommend them. My favorite out of the new “Metal” line is the color “Barely Branded,” which is a gorgeous shimmery champagne color, very natural and great for everyday. Another favorite is the color “Inked in Pink,” which is a beautiful light dusty shimmery pink, also very natural and perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Now that our lids are looking sparkly, we can move on to mascara! Some great mascaras have come out this month but my personal favorite is the Maybelline’s The Rocket Mascara.

4. Maybelline Volum’Express The Rocket Mascara ($6.29)

Claiming to give “explosive volume,” not only did I experience that but I experienced quite a bit of lengthening as well. My lashes look amazing with this mascara on and they stay curled, long, and voluminous all day. I don’t get smudges below my eyes, which is awesome as well! This mascara works really well on the lower lashes too because it really extends and volumizes the lower lashes, making them much more noticeable. This is an amazing mascara, definitely well worth the price!

Now that our eyes are complete, let’s move onto the lips.  For everyday wear, I do not recommend lipsticks. I am more of a fan of tinted lip balms, not only are they moisturizing but they also add a tint of color.  The Maybelline Baby Lips Limited Edition has just come out and the colors are awesome!

5. Maybelline Baby Lips ($3.99)

The Limited Edition spring collection of the Baby Lips has just appeared in stores! They are extremely moisturizing and can be easily applied because the color is sheer. Though only a little color is added to your lips, it’s still better than no color at all! They are all scented differently and they all have SPF 20 (again, awesome! SPF is so important!). Hurry and head over to your local drugstore and pick these up as they are limited edition!

Now our everyday makeup is complete, all using new drugstore products! Check all of these products out as they are awesome and extremely affordable!

Sources: drugstore.com for images and prices except for the mascara where images and prices came from target.com

Cynthia Huang

UC Berkeley

Hello! My name is Cynthia Huang and I am a first year at UC Berkeley. I am so excited to be working with Her Campus! In my free time I like to volunteer, make new friends and eat yummy foods!