sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Wintery Wonders to Do With Your Favorite Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

There’s literally two days until December begins and as a person who loves long lists, here’s another one for you! Below you’ll find a mixture of crazy fun and classic winter fun to share with your special other, whether that be your best friend or your boyfriend.

1. Make it a challenge to purchase, drink, and share seven different holiday drinks for one day of every week. Pumpkin Spice Latte, Chai Latte, Apple Cider, Christmas Cookie Latte, Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte, all found at your local Starbucks! Postmate it, mates, if you’re too cold to get out of the house.

2. Get a tree, I repeat, get a tree. As someone who grew up with the smell of fresh pine every Christmas, I cannot imagine a holiday season without one. While trees are beautiful, the decorating is the most heartwarming part.

3. Find a fireplace and write a wish list for your upcoming year-things you want to accomplish, every little thing you dream of. If you don’t have a fireplace, try the cute little restaurant called Grand Tavern right by Oakland. Free fireplace and homestyle food for the win.

4. Go for a bike ride. Though it’s the middle of winter, bundle up and go for a short bike ride to most holiday-decorated places in your city. Whether that be down Shattuck or closer to Elmwood, enjoy the spirit of it all.

5. Buy ugly matching socks.

Though I’m not a huge sock fanatic, my feet get ridiculously cold during this season. There’s a small sock shop called Sockshop on Telegraph. I haven’t checked it out myself but the moment I get the chance, that’s what I’ll do.

6. Go to Union Square in San Francisco and take as many cute pictures as you can. Having been there so many times, I can be the one to say that it really doesn’t get old. Do go before Christmas day though because the crowd is unsightly

7. Play Mr. and Mrs. Claus for a night and deliver goodies to your neighborhood! If you’re into baking, pop some snickerdoodles into the oven and package them in little cute plastic gift bags with a little ribbon signed -Mr. And Mrs. Clause 

8. Cross off one thrilling activity on your life bucketlist. For me, personally, it would jet-pack flying, the way iron man does now. It’s real! 

9. Make a record of your favorite christmas duet song. Last year, I had the most fun recording Baby, It’s Cold Outside with my best friend. We rewatched it a month ago and there were serious feels attached still.

10. Challenge: Build a snowman decoration to put on your front porch, with the coolest material you can find.

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.