This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

If you’re sick of eating the same UBC cafeteria food, or can’t handle another bowl of ramen noodles, then this list is just what you’ve been waiting for. Here is short list of restaurant suggestions in Vancouver:

1. The Naam

Founded in 1968, The Naam is known for being the oldest natural foods restaurant in the city. Situated in Kitsilano, it is a cozy, small restaurant the serves a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes. The portion sizes are huge and the prices are affordable on a student budget. Added bonus: it is open 24/7, making it the perfect go-to spot for the post-bar food binge. Be sure to check out their menu!  

2. Bandidas Taqueria

Bandidas Taqueira is an adorable Mexican restaurant that serves homemade, vegetarian dishes. I love this place not only because of the delicious, freshly made tortilla chips but also because they are committed to running a socially conscious restaurant. They use compostable packaging, try to buy local foods/drinks, and tell guests to bring their own to-go cups for coffee. They also serve all day breakfast, making it possible to satisfy your breakfast burrito craving anytime. Check out their menu!  

3. The Warehouse Group

The Warehouse Group has multiple locations all over downtown Vancouver. Reasons to love them? All food is $4.95. The pub style food options are served in large portions, the drinks are amazing, and the vibe is cool and entertaining. Since the prices are so low, this is the perfect place to go out with friends and not feel guilty about spending too much money. Check out their website to find the closest location to you! 

4. Rajio Public House

Rajio Public House serves Osaka style Japanese food and cool drinks. Prices are low and there a ton of interesting dishes to try. They are located in the point grey area whichs makes them close to campus and easy to get to. If you are looking to try something new, this is the perfect place. Check out their menu!  

We hope that you are making the most of reading week and get a chance to check out some of these places! 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.