Style

Last Minute Saint Patrick’s Day Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you probably opened your Instagram this morning and realized that everyone and their dog is in green. Oh, right, it’s Saint Patrick’s Day! An excuse for people to drink copious amounts of alcohol before 4pm. With the stress of midterms, assignments, and impeding finals, holidays like these are a much needed break from reality. But, what do you wear? 

1. Green, duh 

Search your closet for anything green! Whether it be a shirt, pants, hat, purse, left sock…anything will work. I am personally wearing a UBC T-Shirt because #represent (your school when you’re downing artificially green drinks). 

2. If you don’t own anything green (or you just want to be super extra) make your makeup festive 

You can find hundreds of looks on YouTube ranging from very simple to actual leprechaun. Lucky for me (and the Irish), my good friend Bella Cervantes recently started a YouTube channel and posted the incredible look above which is what I will be ATTEMPTING today. 

3. No green eyeshadow either? Head to the dollar store 

Head to your nearest dollar store/Shoppers Drug Mart/Walmart and pray that all of the fabulous clover glasses and light up necklaces aren’t taken. Fake tattoos are also super cute (or if the spirit of Saint Patrick compels you, get a real one!). 

4. If none of these options appeal to you, just carry a Kermit the Frog sign 

This is the equivalent of the “I’m dressed as a teen boy” costume worn by a teen boy on Halloween…

5. Or, if you want to be SUPER extra, just dress as Shrek 

Cheers to a super fun–and safe–Saint Patrick’s Day! 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.