5 Quick and Healthy Study Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

While busy studying for exams, writing papers, and finishing term projects, it can be easy to rely on junk food to get you through. Although indulging occasionally is important, it can quickly turn into an unhealthy habit. To avoid falling into this convenient trap, I decided to list some of my favourite study snacks that are easy to make and stay on the healthier side:

1. Apples & peanut butter

Pretty self explanatory: slice an apple and dip it in a table spoon of peanut butter. 

2. Cucumber slices with salt & lime

This may sound a bit unconventional but trust me – it’s delicious. Additionally, it will satisfy your salty cravings.

3. Cheese & crackers 

The classic for a reason; pick your favourite brand/flavour of each and enjoy. 

4. Popcorn 

Not the microwavable kind, the real kind that you need a popcorn maker for. This snack is both fun to eat and relatively healthy, especially if you swap the butter for olive oil. 

5. Rice cakes with peanut butter & banana 

Another delicious combo of salty and sweet. This is also a great snack for those especially long study sessions as it incorporates healthy fats, carbs, and sugars. 

Hopefully these snacks will give you something to reach for beyond chips and pizza. It’s important to remember that you cannot ignore self care during exam season and that your brain needs good food to help you work to your best ability. Be mindful of your needs and keep in mind that your mental and physical health should always be a top priority

All images taken from Google images. 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.