4 of the Most Seen Fashion Items on UBC Vancouver’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Have you ever walked around campus and seen the same shoes on multiple people? Or a group of friends wearing almost the exact same outfit? Just a few days ago, I saw 5 people all walking to the nest with the same backpack. After careful observation, I decided to compile a list of 4 popular items that I’ve seen worn by UBC students:

1. Adidas Superstars

The simplicity of the design and comfortable fit make these shoes a staple for any outfit. 

2. Patagonia or Arc’teryx rain jacket

A stylish, durable and waterproof jacket is must-have in Raincouver! These two specific jackets can be seen zipped up on students as they duck for shelter from the buckets of rain. 

3. Kånken​ and Herschel backpacks

Backpacks are essential for keeping your textbooks, homework, and laptops safe and easy to carry. Our campus is laden with Kånken backpacks ranging from all different colours and a variety of Herschel packs (most commonly the black with brown leather pictured above).

4. Patagonia fleece pullover

There are so many students on campus looking cozy and warm in these Patagonia fleece pullovers! They have a huge selection of different patterns and colours, and I for one have added this to my Christmas wish list.

These were just a few of the popular fashion items I’ve seen across UBC’s campus. Personally, I prefer anything that’ll keep me warm and comfy, especially during midterm season.

Photos taken from:

Adidas.ca

Fjallravencanada.com

Herschel.ca

Arcteryx.com

Patagonia.ca

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.
Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.