What’s Happening UAB: 10/4-10/7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Not sure what’s happening the rest of the week? Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered!

Wednesday, October 4

Theme: Wayback Wednesday – Dress in your favorite throwback era! (60s,70s,80s,90s)

Gurney Derby Competition

12:00 pm – 13th Street South (Between Sterne Library and the Humanities Building)

This is one of UAB’s longest standing traditions! Come out and cheer on students and faculty as they race their decorated gurneys down the street! 

Fight Song Competition

7:00 pm – HSC Ballroom D

Find out who’s got the most school spirit?

Blaze the Night

8:30 pm – UAB Mini Park 

You don’t want to miss the massive bon fire in the park! Grab your friends a prepare to be lit! 

Thursday, October 5

UAB Bookstore Hoops After Dark

6:00 pm – 11:30 pm – Bartow Arena

Hoops After Dark is set to be one of the most exciting events this homecoming! We heard there will be a chance win free tuition! You definitely don’t want to skip out on this!

Friday, October 6

Homecoming Parade

12:00 pm – Begins on 14th Street South Between University Blvd & 10th Avenue South

Homecoming Pep Rally

Immediately following the Parade | Campus Green 

Get pumped for the homecoming game on Saturday! 

BSAC/NPHC Homecoming Stroll-off

7:00 pm – HSC Ballroom

Come see what kind of heat our panhellenic sororities and fraternities are packing in this year’s stroll off!  Ticket Prices: $10 for general admission and $5 for Greek tickets

Saturday, October 7

Student Tailgate

Legion Field

Support your UAB Blazers at their first homecoming since their return!

Homecoming Football Game

3 p.m. – Legion Field

#BeatLATech

Make sure you’re following @uab_homecoming on Instagram to stay updated on events and chances to score a homecoming t-shirt! You can also tag them in your photos from each theme day to win the daily contest! Visit the official homecoming page for a full list of activities for each day! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.