What to Expect from Kylie Cosmetics New Fall Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

As a new season arrives, so does a new line from Kylie Cosmetics. If you are like me, and you have two passions, makeup and the Kardashian-Jenner family, then you eagerly watch as a new line is being launched. 

So, here’s the scoop:

Kylie Cosmetics took to their Instagram page on Thursday, September 28, to announce the launch of five new matte liquid lip kits for their Fall Collection. A Youtube video by Kylie Jenner and Jordyn Woods revealed the five new shades: Autumn, Butternut, Wicked, Libra, and Hazel. In her Youtube video, Kylie and Jordyn went into great detail swatching these new shades. 

Here they are:

• Autumn is a warm orange nude/brown that all skin tones could rock. It is the perfect shade to add some fall into any look. 
  • Butternut is a very interesting shade, as Kylie even describes it as, “crazy, but kind of cool”. My initial reaction was that this shade looked like baby puke, but as they put it on their lips, the warm camel yellow color looked awesome, and I think it’d be perfect for anyone who wants to step outside their comfort zone. 
  • Wicked, a true dark purple, is absolutely perfect for October and Halloween. Whether it is worn to a party or just out running errands, it will definitely draw great attention with the bold impact that it leaves. 
  • Libra is the lightest lip kit that Kylie has ever created, and I would describe it as a super pale pinky nude. Though this color almost white outs your lips, it looks like it’d be fun to switch up a look or even layer on top of a darker nude shade. 
  • Hazel embodies the “90’s brown” with its mid-tone neutral brown shade. This look has been in style for a while, and I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon.

The next day, Kylie Cosmetics took to Instagram again to announce the launch of her Fall Purple Palette. This eyeshadow palette has 9 shades: periwinkle, trophy, stone, lilac, wine and dine, turning violet, amethyst, purple smoke, and blueberry. All of these shades have cool purple, pink, and cranberry hues, with a couple of warmer bronze and brown shades. Together, this palette comes together to create the perfect purple eye for Fall, and especially Halloween. This wasn’t the last of the collection, as Kylie surprised her large following with a new ultra glow named Wisteria. Her ultra glows are loose powder highlighters, and this particular one is a light lavender shade. 

Together, this collection can create a full face that is ready for Fall. The collection will launch on Friday, October, 6 at 3pm PST. The lip kits are $29.00 USD, the Purple Palette is $42.00 USD, and the Wisteria ultra glow is $14.00 USD. Although this article will be published after the launch date, Kylie Cosmetics always prepares for restocks, so if you’re interested, watching the social media account is your best bet at discovering when the products are available again. 

May the odds and Instagram notifications be ever in your favor!

HCUAB