Wake Up Your Wardrobe!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Getting in a fashion rut is no fun, but unfortunately it happens to the best of us. Wake up your wardrobe with these on-trend looks. We promise, you won’t regret rocking these to class!

1. Floral-It’s HUGE for Spring. The flowers are in bloom, the weather is warming up, so why not don some floral? Below are celebs like T. Swift and Fergie wearing some blooms…

….as much as we love these ladies, step it up a notch and wear some floral on something other than a dress. We personally love it on unexpected items like these canvas tennis shoes and in statement jewelry.

2. Asymmetrical Lines. They’re fun, they’re chic, they’re fashion forward. The good part about this trend is that you can dress them down (an asymmetrical crop top with jean shorts) or dress them up (an asymmetrical neckline or scalloping on a dress). 

Above, the garments are mostly jewel toned. We like them even brighter to really make you stand out during Spring Break!

3. Drop-waist dresses. These babies are springing up ALL OVER the runway for Spring/Summer. Want to know the best part? They visually elongate your torso, so if you want a few extra inches, pair one of these with some heels and you’ll be good to go. 

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.