This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

“Santa Baby, just a lovely Sephora gift card, for me…” We all know how the relentless advertising during the holiday season can wear us out and drag us down, but we don’t have to let it drag us down to the point that we can’t appreciate all the lovely beauty gifts that we can give to our friends and family…and maybe, just maybe some will end up in our own stockings!

Clinique Gelato Body Creams $35 @ Clinique.com. Gorgeous packaging and even more gorgeous scents. Yum. Are you sure these are not edible?

Smashbox Light it Up Lipstick + Mattifier Set $29 @ Sephora. Six pretty lipsticks + a tube of lipstick matte transforming cream = Mistletoe ready lips at a fantastic price, that’s less than $5 a lipstick! Plus it comes in an expensive looking box.

St. Tropez Tanning Essential In Shower Gradual Tan Essentials $25 @ Sephora. You can tan yourself…IN THE SHOWER. And why did it take so long to come up with this brilliant idea? Sheesh. Gimme that stuff!

Honest Beauty Magic Balm $18 @ Ulta. Wonderfully light and fluffy tub of lotion that lasts practically forever. Worth every dollar!

Ulta Love Your Lips Lip Collection $16 @ Ulta. Prettily pink 6-piece collection: matte lip cream, liner, crayon, lipstick, gloss and tinted lip balm!

Bath and Body Works specialty C.O.Bigelow Handsoaps $14 @ Bath and Body Works. Elegant, streamlined design in scents like Mandarin Oak and Bergamot Amber. You will only smell like a million bucks!

Maybelline Master Contour Face Contouring Kit $13 @ CVS. Super pretty, super blendable colors, you’ll have enough money left over to buy one of those super expensive brushes all those experts say you have to have!

L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Feline Noir Mascara $9 @ CVS. You will LOVE this enormous mascara brush !!! And how can you not love a beauty product that says “feline”?

Rimmel London Brow This Way Brow Styling Gel $4 @ CVS. Dirt cheap. And it Works. We all know how those eyebrow pencils never come in the right colors, and how it always looks fake? Try this.

e.l.f. Lock On Liner and Brow Cream $3 @ Target. Waterproof! Under 5 bucks! It actually works! Need I say more?

The Splurge: Tom Ford Lips & Boys 50 piece Set $1,950 @ Sephora. One big beautiful coloring box of lipsticks…Well, we can dream can’t we? “starts singing ‘Santa Baby’…”

Katharine is studying for her MA in History at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is a lover of history and art history, an indefatigable bookworm and a die-hard fan of classic film and vintage fashion. Strike up a conversation with her about Harper Lee, Jane Austen or Audrey Hepburn and you will make her day!
HCUAB