Silence Your Cell Phones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Silence Your Cell Phones

Winter Break is finally here!

Now you can finally relax and joy some much deserved time off. Even though winter break is supposed to be a time of relaxation and a chance for you to rejuvenate yourself before the new semester begins, don’t forget to take advantage of this time that you will get to spend with your family.

If you’re like me and are a very busy individual during the school year, you probably don’t get to go home a lot.

One of the biggest things that could keep you away from this is your cell phone. Yes, it is a great source of entertainment and can be very distracting. However, it could also be the one thing keeping you away from spending valuable time with those around you. So, I challenge you this. Instead of being on your cell phone all day or constantly checking your social media every time you get a notification, go spend some time with the people who love you and who are some of your biggest supporters. Go help your mom in the kitchen, or your dad in the yard, or even take your siblings out for ice cream, it’s the little things that matter the most in life and some of which that are the most memorable. So, while you have this entire month off be sure to spend time with your loved ones who I’m sure miss you very much while you’re gone away at school.