Meet YouTube Guru Weam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

The Basics

Name: Weam Ahmed

Year: Sophomore

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Age: 19

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle!

HC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Weam: Between school and work,(and leading Her Campus UAB of course!) I barely have time for anything else. A few months ago I finally made the decision of creating a YouTube channel. My videos cover beauty, lifestyle as well as fashion. So whenever I find some time to spare, I am most likely recording a few videos for my channel or I am editing them, I barely have time to sleep!

HC: We know you’re a lipstick junkie, what’s your favorite shade?

Weam: My favorite lipstick is definitely Sephora’s Cream Lips stain in Endless Purple. It is the perfect shade for the Fall!

HC:  What would be your idea of the perfect date?

Weam: This is a hard one! Well, I believe that dates should include something interactive. I would definitely enjoy a night out on the town, or visiting a festival or a fair, maybe even bowling. After that, we would head to a restaurant where we get to talk and enjoy the rest of the evening. To be honest, the secret to a perfect date doesn’t completely rely on the outing or the environment of the outing— yes, the dim lighting and the sappy background music partially matter; however, being able to share your weirdness with someone else and being comfortable enough to show your true skin, is what transforms an ordinary date to a perfect one.

HC: Tell us a little more about your YouTube channel.

Weam: Well, I have been watching beauty related videos on YouTube for over 2 years. I have always wanted to start my own channel, but I often found myself contemplating on what other people’s opinions might be. After a long time of dwelling over this subject, I’ve realized that I should do what makes me happy for people’s opinions are just a mere Scott’s tissue roll (wipe and throw away!) So, I decided to start my own channel and share my knowledge with the people of the Internet.

Jakeya is a Sophomore at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Her Major is Healthcare Administration w/ a minor in Nutrition Science. In her spare time, Jakeya enjoys reading, writing, shopping and spending time with her family. In addition to being Editor-and-Cheif of HC UAB, Jakeya is an active member of the NAACP, and the Student Actvities Council at UAB. When Jakeya is not hard at work with school, extra-curriculars, or her job at taco bell, you can find her somewhere snuggled with her boyfriend and a good movie. You can contact her at Jakeyajohnson@hercampus.com