Meet Umar Quraishi!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Umar Quraishi

Year: Sophomore

Major: Healthcare Marketing

Hometown: Hoover, AL

HC: What are the three adjectives that describe you best?

UQ: Explorative, passionate, dependable

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

UQ: I like to volunteer, play the guitar, and I love seeing live shows.  I really love hiking and the outdoors, and I love doing artwork.  I love a lot of stuff.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

UQ: Can I name three? I like Waking Life, Spirited Away, and this is going to be an easy one- Fight Club

HC: Describe your ideal girl.

UQ: I’m really attracted to a girl that has a passion and knows what direction she wants to follow.  I like girls with a good world view that are compassionate to those around them. It’s nice when girls enjoy talking about music and are open to trying new things.  She doesn’t need someone to validate her, and she has to have a strong sense of self.

HC: What are some of your turn-offs?

UQ: I don’t like girls who aren’t genuine when you first meet them because first impressions matter a lot so why not be yourself.  I also just don’t like when girls can’t control their alcohol intake. It also bothers me when a girl cares too much about her image. Also, it’s hard to go for a girl with “bad” taste in music. 

HC: Would you call yourself a romantic?

UQ: Hopelessly.

HC: Where would you take a girl on a perfect date?

UQ: I love taking someone out to a nice dinner and enjoying good conversation and having plans afterward, but at the same time it being comfortable enough to play it by ear.

HC: What’s your favorite outfit to see a girl in?

UQ: Skinny jeans, a cardigan, and a scarf.  I like creative outfits though.  

HC: And the most important question of all- boxers of briefs?

UQ: None…Just kidding! Boxers, or sometimes boxer briefs. 

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.