Meet Southern Blogger, Casey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Casey Marley 

Age: 20

Hometown: Madison, AL

Classification: Junior

Major: English-Professional Writing

Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years? 

Happiness comes first, so I would like to see myself surrounded by loved ones and making a difference in their life big or small. Career-wise, I want to work in the creative industry, running social media accounts, creating short videos and writing blog posts for a living. (The dream). I also want my own side projects to take off as well, getting some extra income from my personal blog (also a dream).

What do you like to do in your freetime?

When I was younger, I would say NETFLIX. But now, I spend my free time in more productive ways, I blog, freelance, play around with Photoshop. I do have a life, however, and I love hanging out with my friends and boyfriend and just unplug and enjoy their company. 

What is one or more of the biggest problems you think facing college women today?

I think there is a huge amount of pressure on college women (and students in general) to “do it all.” Having a work-life balance is vital to your health. I’m a huge proponent now of not overwhelming yourself. I’ve done that in the past trying to be the “best” and do it all–it’s not worth it. Make it a priority to excel in school and begin your career, but always make time for friends. There really is more to life than having a career and college is about that too. 

Choose one! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat?

Oh, this is a tie…I would have to say Twitter and Instagram. My Instagram is my favorite for my “real life,” it’s like my virtual scrapbook on my social life, so that’s incredibly important to me, BUT Twitter is sooo much fun. I love meeting and talking to new bloggers, and the Common White Girl Account always makes me laugh. :,)

Is there anything you’d like to accomplish before 2016 ends?

I really want to create more posts for my blog and just work on finding my “writer’s voice.” It’s surprised me how much I care about my blog, but I absolutely love it. I’m obsessed. 

Where can we find you?

Blog: caseyam.blogspot.com

Portfolio: casey-marley.squarespace.com

Insta: casey_am

Twitter: @casey_marley

Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule