This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

The Basics:

Name: Patrick Abou-Jaoude

Hometown: Birmingham

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Year: Senior

*Side note, can we all just take a moment to look into those eyes?!?

HC: What do you plan on doing with your major?

Patrick: Hopefully working with the design of cars.

HC: What is your heritage?

Patrick: Lebanese.

HC: So the phrase “Lebanese between the knees”, what do you have to say about that?

Patrick: Haha, I’ll leave that for your imagination.

HC: What is sexier in a girl: intelligence or athleticism?

Patrick: That’s a tough choice, athleticism with some intelligence?

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Patrick: Knows how to have fun, “street smart”, likes being outside, nice eyes, and a nice butt wouldn’t hurt! 

HC: What type of style (wardrobe/appearance) do you like in a girl?

Patrick: Nothing too fancy, not too much make-up, just being herself and not having to follow the fashion trends to look good.

HC: What would be your perfect first date?

Patrick: I guess we’d start with dinner since I like to eat, I’m thinking  DoDiYos because I haven’t been there in a while and it’s really good. If the weather’s nice, go walk around somewhere nice and get to know each other. Then I guess go to a nice bar or nice dance club have a few drinks and enjoy the rest of the night.

HC: Favorite vacation?

Patrick: Only place I know, Lebanon!

HC: What is your life motto/philosophy?

Patrick: Do for others more than you do for yourself.

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.