Meet Omega Nu Founder, Malik Pegeas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Malik Pegeas 

Age: 21 

Classification: Junior 

Major: Accounting 

Hometown: Richmond, VA 

What activities are you involved on campus? 

• Secretary and Treasurer of Omega Nu Greek Organization 

• Collat Business Student Leader 

• Recently elected Communications Chair of Beta Alpha Psi 

Where do you see yourself in the future?

As far as short term, I see myself gaining my Masters in Accounting here at UAB. I also plan to obtain my CPA licensure and then develop a career in Auditing at a public accounting firm. I see myself in the distant future becoming a Partner or Director of an accounting firm or opening up my own firm that offers several accounting services (tax, audit, consulting, etc.). I’ll probably end up leaving Birmingham as well and venture off to a bigger city, like Atlanta or New York. 

What are the keys to success in college? 

• Know your priorities and have time management skills: College can be tough when you have 4-5 courses, a job, and extracurricular activities; if you manage your time well, you will definitely succeed. 

• Meet new people and gain life-long connections: Don’t be afraid to talk to a random stranger! That person could end up being your best friend. 

• Get involved on campus and be open to try new things: Feel out what the campus has to offer, then choose an organization (or two) that you like the most; make sure to grow within that organization as well (run for an exec. board position). 

• Have a good resume, and don’t forget to update it each semester: Your resume is what will get you noticed by employers; keep it up to date so that employers are getting an accurate picture of who you are. It can ultimately get you a full time position out of college! 

What do you like to do for fun? 

I like exploring downtown and checking out the different restaurants that Birmingham has to offer! 

If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

The Baba Burger from Babalu Tacos & Tapas: Best. Burger. Period. 

Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule