Meet Her Campus UAB’s Newest Leaders for 2018-2019!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

We are so excited to announce and introduce HC UAB’s leadership council for the 2018-2019 school year!

Alana Baumann- Campus Correspondent

Age- 20

Classification- Junior

Major- Accounting 

Favorite Quote- “Be the girl who decided to go for it”

Post Grad- Aspires to be a CPA Accountant while working towards retirement and becoming an event planner full time. 

Reason She Loves Her Campus- ” I love HC because it has given me the opportunity to learn and grow in a leadership role with some amazing young women on campus! Also, the freebies rock!”

Tamia Heard- Campus Correspondent 

Age- 21

Classification- Junior

Favorite Quote- ” Be where your feet are.”

Post Grad- Aspires to travel more, work as a journalist/ reporter in the sports and entertainment field that will allow her to travel and do what she loves!

Reason She loves HC- “I love HC because it has given me the opportunity to meet and lead a group of women who share interests, yet have unique personalities!”

Sara Hardy- Senior Editor

Age-18

Classification- Freshman

Favorite Quote- “With our love we could save the world, if they only knew.”

Post Grad- Aspires to be a Museum curator focusing on Native American culture and history. She’d also like to move to New York and work in a publishing house at some point in her life because she loves reading and editing. 

Reason she loves HC- “I love Her Campus because it’s unlike any other organization. It provides such a wide variety of ways you can be involved from volunteering to having a chance to publish your writing.”

Tamia Boykin- Service Committee Leader

Age- 20

Classification- Sophomore

Favorite Quote- “If you’re not willing to work for it, don’t complain about not having it.”

Post Grad- She aspires to attend medical school and become a derma pathologist. 

Reason she loves Her Campus- “I love Her Campus because the organization gives me a chance to express my creativity while providing me volunteer experiences, social skills, and optimal growth.”

Savannah Hall- PR Representative

Classification- Freshman 

Major- Communications

Favorite Quote- “Have courage and be kind.”

Post Grad- She isn’t 100% sure of what she wants to do; however, she does want to be involved in the entertainment industry somehow. 

Reason she loves Her Campus- “I love Her Campus because it has given me the opportunity to be involved on UAB’s campus and write about topics I am passionate about. “

Dominique Nash- Secretary 

Age- 19

Classification- Sophomore 

Major- Neuroscience 

Favorite Quote- “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

Post Grad- She’d like to attend UAB Dental School.

Reason she loves Her Campus- “I love Her Campus because it’s a group of women coming together to share experiences and help each other get through college.