Looking for Something Fun to Do This Fall with Your Boo? We’ve Got Just the Thing!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

It’s getting cooler outside, which means that many activities that weren’t feasibly comfortable to do during the summer are coming back around! If you’re wanting some fun fall date ideas with your boo thing, whether he’s a new beau or old flame, here are five fun ideas for fall dates!

1. Visit a pumpkin patch!

Enjoy some quality time looking at different sized and shaped pumpkins. Enjoy the fall crisp air as you walk around, laughing and picking your own pumpkins to take home with you. Whether you each pick your own or you decide to pick just one for the two of you, it can be a fun adventure both finding the farm and walking around. It’s a great option!

2. Go to a “Paint and Sip” class – or host your own at home!

This could be a fun way to meet new people, or even invite some of your favorite friends over to one of your houses to have a chill night. Get the wine, some canvases, and some fun paint, then pick your idea! Sip your wine and paint your picture, and you’ll have a fun memento of the night after, and it gives you something different than going to eat every night. While this might not be something you end up doing every week, it could easily become a monthly fun thing or just something you do a couple times a year!

3. Carve your pumpkins!

Even if you opted out of the pumpkin patch idea, you can go get a pumpkin (or a couple) from the local grocery store and carve it! There’s plenty of Pinterest ideas that would be fun and easy to do, and even if the pumpkins don’t turn out as well as you would hope, it’s a great experience and something you can laugh about afterwards!

4. Attend a harvest festival

This is a fun idea for those who don’t usually get out. Fall is the perfect time of year to go to those outdoor free festivals and look at the local craft artists’ work. Something that may have been too miserable to do in the summer is something that could easily be done in the cooler weather! Take your pumpkin spice lattes and go walk around, getting to know your community and getting to enjoy your boo all at the same time!

5. Host or go to a bonfire!

This one is another fun way to spend time with your boo-thang and your friends. With the cooler nights, you can finally be around a fire without feeling like you’re looking into the gates of hell itself. Roast some marshmallows, make some s’mores, and tell ghost stories! Or whatever you’re into. This is a fun idea to make you feel young again!

Whether you do one of these things or all of these things, the idea is to get out and have a good time with your significant other! Mix it up, and don’t get into the rut of just going out to eat or watching TV and “chilling.” There’s so much more out there to do and see! 

I'm a lover of all things furry, anything medical, working out, and writing.
HCUAB