ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Her Campus UAB Practices Self-Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

After being advised to practice self-care by someone, I was curious as to how the rest of our staff practices self- care.

I practice self-care by reading and drinking hot tea. It’s one of those moments where I just enjoy the quietness and getting lost in a book.

Amber Draugh said, “I sing, usually or I’ll watch some YouTube Videos.”

“I like to read when I just want to relax, but when I’m stressed I cook and bake.” Said Alex Ibe-Cumba.

Kristin Williams likes to listen to gospel music to try and relieve stress. “I always make sure I look presentable even though I’m only going to be out for five minutes.”

Tamia Heard opts for a more classic way to relax. “Painting my nails is one way I relieve stress. I guess the process is tedious so it gives me time to relax and put my mind on something else.”

If you’re ever one a budget, Mackenzie Robinson likes to watch instructional massage videos on YouTube. “It’s the next best thing since I can’t afford a real one.”

Self-care doesn’t have to be expensive. It can be something as small as watching YouTube and something more such as reading.

Self-care is important since you have to focus and take care of yourself first.

Remember to eat, get enough sleep, and take time to relax.

Broadcast Journalism Major and Political Science Minor at University of Alabama at Birmingham. I enjoy writing, music, video games, and spending time with my mom, grandmother, and rescue pup, Dodger!
HCUAB