Holly Robinson Has a Penchant for Danger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

The Basics:
Name: Holly Robinson
Major: Studio Art
Hometown: Sligo, Ireland
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Relationship Status: Single

Holly Robinson isn’t your average UAB student. She’s from Ireland, which she will be quick to tell you, is NOT in part of the Soviet Union. Sit back as this hottie gives you a geography lesson!

HC: What are your hobbies andinterests?
HR: Partying, karaoke, outdoorsy things, sports, basically anything for an adrenaline rush.

HC: So, like some celebrities, you claim to have an alter ego, can you tell me a little about that?
HR: Agnes is my “artsy” side. She is a bit creepy and tends to like some of the deeper things in life. 

HC: Where is your favorite spot to go out downtown?
HR: Steel, the music and crowd are usually good.

HC: If money/time weren’t an object, how would you spend your dream day/date?
HR: I would most definitely go to NZ, bungee jumping, white water rafting, skydiving, and maybe skiing. If someone wants to share that experience with me, they’re more than welcome. (winks)

HC: Is there such thing as luck of the Irish?
HR: No. I have never won any sort of raffle, I don’t win lottos or stupid games like bingo or slot machines…I do NOT get lucky. That’s where you come in! (laughs)

HC: What’s the biggest difference on coming to America?
HR: The way people using knives and forks…and I sometimes get in trouble for the things I say because of our different sense of humor. Also, Americans lack a sense of basic geography. Some of my personal favorites I’ve been asked are, “Is Ireland a part of the Soviet Union” and “What exactly is Europe?”. 

HC: Why is dating an international student better than dating an American?
HR: We have a better sense of humor, we like to laugh a lot, we give you insight into different cultures, and we don’t take things seriously!

HC: Anything else we should know about you? 
HR: I have a penchant for danger. I can also be won over with a block of cheese. 

As you can see, Holly has no fear!

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.