Glam on a Budget: Drugstore Makeup You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Being a college student often means early mornings, late nights, and only wearing makeup for a night out. We all see beauty gurus on YouTube and instagram with flawless high end makeup, but let’s be honest Sephora isn’t always in our budget!

Believe it or not the drugstore has some great products that can help you get that flawless look— without damaging your pockets. These drugstore products will have you posting snapchat selfies all night long!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream ($5.99)

Matte lips are all definitely still on trend, and these lippies are some of the best out there! Their color range includes something for everyone and they don’t dry your lips out like other matte products. Plus, all the lip creams smell like cupcakes!

L’Oréal True Match Foundation ($7.97)

This foundation has a wide shade range which includes 33 shades! These foundations are oil-free so they are suitable for most skin types. You should be mindful that some shades include SPF which could cause flashback in photos, but they are perfect for the day time!

Jordana Cat Eyeliner ($3.99)

Your cateye will be sharper than ever with this product. This liner is smudge-proof  and quick-drying, giving you a nice clean line each time.

E.L.F Clear Brow & Lash Mascara ($2.00)

Keep your brows in place all day with this eyebrow gel! E.L.F’s brow gel is noted as a holy grail product for so many people. It has gotten so popular that the price has went up $1! (If you’re lucky you might still be able to find this product in your local Dollar Tree!)

Ardell lashes ($5.49)

A makeup look is not really complete until you’ve one something to your lashes. If you’re into falsies the Ardell lashes are the way to go! You can keep it simple and go for a natural lash or dramatize them! They’re currently on sale 2/$4.99 at Walgreens, so stock up!

Wet n’ Wild Brushes ($0.93-$2.99)

These brushes are a new to the market and they are amazing! It’s kind of hard to go full glam without makeup brushes and these are super affordable. Not to mention the pink and white aesthetic is a 10/10!

All of these products are under $10 and will help you do a full face on a college girl budget!

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents. 
HCUAB