Finding Your Fragrance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

“A woman’s perfume says more about her than her handwriting.” -Christian Dior

People say that your fashion choices portray who you are to the world. Your fragrance is just another way to express yourself, and college is a great time to experiment and possibly discover your signature scent. Step away from the Victoria’s Secret Love Spell and say hello to your new (adult!) fragrance!

For the Classic Woman

It evokes that famous image of Marilyn Monroe at her vanity, dabbing a drop into her neck before she left for the theatre. Chanel No5 is a scent that has remained in style for decades, with an unique blend of floral and musk. Jasmine and rose flourish in a bouquet of vanilla, sandalwood, and vetiver.

For the Sultry Woman

Like a little black dress, this fragrance is the epitome of sexy. YSL Black Opium is a beautiful marriage of vanilla coffee and white flowers, a smell that will turn heads. Sephora labels it “seductively intoxicating”.

For the Complex Woman

Created by the Olsen twins, these perfumes are perfect for the woman who wants options. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White & Nirvana Black were created to compliment each other, although each alone are wonderful. White uses peony, muguet, and musk to portray a clean sophistication while Black throws violet, sandalwood, and vanilla for an air of dark seduction.

For the Delicate Woman

This is for one who celebrates and embraces the softer side of femininity. Bath & Body Works created Forever Red with pomegranate, red osmanthus, and vanilla rum to create a passionately sweet air.

For the Flirty Woman

Another perfume loved by many, Marc Jacobs Daisy is the perfect “first-date” fragrance. A mesh of innocence and sexiness result from the playing of violet, grapefruit, musk, and jasmine. The scent sitting on the skin is elegant and warm with a splash of freshness.

Hey, there! My name is Rachel Higgins, and I am a student at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. I was born and raised near New Orleans, but I count Birmingham as one of my second homes. I'm a crazy cat lady, coffee/candy addict, literature lover, and self-taught makeup artist. I hope you enjoy browsing around all of the great articles on UAB's HC page! 
HCUAB