Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UAB Celebrities

The Girl with the Dragon Costume

By Jaime Ritter
April 18, 2012 - 6:26pm

Name: Addie Phillips
Hometown: Prattville, AL
Year: Junior
Major: Physical Education-Exercise Science
Relationship Status: Single ready to mingle!! Addie Phillips is a gorgeous, funny girl who bleeds green & gold. Oh, and did we mention she's also the UAB mascot? Yeah, we're serious...this girl's duties include everything from doing the wop to washing our favorite furry friend's mascot suit.  READ MORE

Meet Kristina Vaughn!

By Clara Cid
April 14, 2012 - 9:17pm

Name: Kristina Vaughn
Year: Senior
Major: Biology
Relationship Status: Taken (Sorry, boys!)
  HC: Why did you choose UAB over a school like Alabama or Auburn?
KV: I decided to go to UAB because I wanted to major in biology and eventually go into physical therapy, and UAB is more focused in health science than any of the other universities in Alabama. I also got a scholarship to run track and a good academic scholarship so that was also part of my choice to come to UAB. READ MORE

Meet Katie Crawford!

By Reilly Johnson
April 7, 2012 - 4:07pm

Name: Katie Crawford Class Standing: Junior Hometown: Dothan, AL Major: Economics Fun Fact: Spending the semester in Spain with Study Abroad!
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? As a child, I wanted to be a doctor, which is ironic seeing as I know go to UAB, and then as a teenager, I was convinced that I was going to be an opera singer. READ MORE

"The Amandas" Show Us How to Organize Your Space

By Jaime Ritter
March 29, 2012 - 9:48pm

Style Network's new show "The Amandas" premiered this year. "The Amandas" are a team of fabulous organizational (borderline OCD) machines that go through closets of both the super-rich and hoarders alike. We got to talk to Amanda LeBlanc (front and center) and Dustin Canez (third from left) to find out the best tips for organizing a small space...and keeping it that way! READ MORE

President Adrian Jones Dishes on his Campaign, the Ladies, and How to Dress for Success

By Kaylyn Alexander
March 15, 2012 - 12:17pm

Name: Adrian Jones
Year: Junior
Major: Pre-med; Physics
Age: 21
Hometown: Marion, AL
Activities: USGA President, Iota Nu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., member of the Campus Planning Committee, former Senator for the College of Arts & Sciences.
READ MORE

Meet Triple-Threat, Tim Melton!

By Jaime Ritter
March 3, 2012 - 9:18pm

Name: Tim Melton
READ MORE

Meet Triple-Threat, Tim Melton!

By Jaime Ritter
March 3, 2012 - 9:17pm

Name: Tim Melton
READ MORE

Evan Colmenares

By Jaime Ritter
February 25, 2012 - 11:12pm

Name: Evan Colmenares Year: Junior Major: Chemistry Hometown: Hazel Green, Alabama HC: What made you want to run for student government president?  READ MORE

Meet Chris Kay, the Big Man Behind Artopia!

By Jaime Ritter
February 16, 2012 - 12:21pm

Name: Chris Kay Grad year: 2014 Major: Graphic Design Hometown: Hoover, Al We recently sat down with Chris Kay, one of the main dudes involved with one of Birmingham's biggest art events, Artopia to find out the real scoop behind it all.
  HC:  How did you get involved with Artopia? READ MORE

Miss UAB's Elisabeth Chramer!

By Kelly Leuch
January 31, 2012 - 6:23pm

READ MORE