Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UAB Blog

Tallulah Designs Combines Fashion and Function

By Jaime Ritter
September 2, 2012 - 4:40pm

Recently, I went to the Tallulah's Designs One Year Anniversary Trunk Show at City Arts Boutique. It showcased Montgomery-native designer Heather William's pieces for late summer and fall. The event was totally chic, complete with a popup bar with a mixologist serving up cocktails, appropriately named "The Tallulah" and "The Seam Ripper", respectively. The designer was so southern and sweet, but don't underestimate her. She was the recipient of the “Regions 2011 New Venture Challenge”, and since its opening in 2011, the Tallulah’s Designs brand is carried in three retailers in two Southern states and has participated in countless fashion events including New Orleans Fashion Week and Birmingham Fashion Week....

Kentucky Derby Etiquette

By Jaime Ritter
May 1, 2012 - 4:41pm

Hey ladies and gents, the Kentucky Derby is right around the corner. Since I am a self-proclaimed Yankee (I'm from South Florida), I thought I'd educate myself on the rules and etiquette which accompany the races. I thought they were interesting (and honestly, the outfits are so cute), that I figured I'd share them with you. READ MORE

#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen

By Jaime Ritter
April 28, 2012 - 10:18pm

#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen... This hash tag has been recently trending on Twitter, so I figured I’d set the record straight and confront the awkward moments head-first so you’ll know exactly what to do should an “awkward moment” arise. 
#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen...You are at a party and are talking to a person you’ve met before...but you can’t remember their name.  READ MORE

Why Should You Vote for HC UAB in the Campus to Contiki Contest?

By Jaime Ritter
April 26, 2012 - 12:48pm

So, Her Campus is hosting a Campus to Contiki contest.  Basically, the awesome travel site, Contiki is giving away one of their awesome vacation packages for FREE to a Her Campus Campus Correspondent (LIKE US, HINT HINT!). So, what we need you to do is vote for us in the contest here.  READ MORE

Ideas for Going Green on Earth Day!

By Jaime Ritter
April 22, 2012 - 12:26am

Turn off the water while you’re brushing your teeth. Letting the water run when you’re not even using it is such a waste, it’s a small adjustment, but it has a bigger impact than you think. Recycle! There are recycling bins all around campus, everywhere from the HUC to the library, so instead of throwing your Starbucks cup away, throw it in the recycling bin! It takes three seconds of your time, but rather than ending up in a landfill, it could be made into a playground for kids! READ MORE

Conquering Lonely

By Karla Khodanian
April 22, 2012 - 12:18am

READ MORE

Meet the Ladies of HC UAB!

By Jaime Ritter
April 14, 2012 - 9:59pm

It dawned on me the other day that our readers probably can't put a face to our writing unless they actually know us! I mean, we have events and constantly try to pick your brains, so now the tables are turned and I asked my team the same questions we ask you all every week!  So without further adeiu, the ladies of Her Campus UAB...   READ MORE

Blogs We <3

By Karla Khodanian
April 14, 2012 - 9:27pm

Here at HC UAB, we love us some internet, and being lovers of the internet means that we are lovers of all the glorious blogs out there!  The wild world of blogging is where inspiration abounds online.  From baking to fashion to DIY crafts, there’s a blog out there for every interest!  Filled with advice, anecdotes, and lovely pictures galore, these blogs serve as the perfect distraction when our professors are droning on just a tad bit too long.  So, filled with the good cheer of spring time, we thought we would let you in on some of our favorites!
  READ MORE

Tim Gunn Shows You how to Make it Work

By Jaime Ritter
April 1, 2012 - 1:08am

Lucky Brand at the Summit recently had a fashion show hosted by Tim Gunn, from Bravo’s Project Runway. And yes, if you’re wondering, he is as sassy in person as he is on the show. He dished on how to “make it work” with all of this season’s hottest trends. The rule of one-thirds: READ MORE

Five Places to Meet your Next Boyfriend

By Jaime Ritter
April 1, 2012 - 12:56am

Do you feel like every guy you date is a loser? Maybe it’s not them per say, but rather where you meet them. What I’m saying is if you’re picking up guys in a bar, you’re probably going to end up with people that tend to drink and party a ton. If that’s what you’re into, great. However, if you’re looking for something a little more serious, try one of these foolproof spots. Oh, and flirting moves are included. READ MORE