Style > Beauty

The Best Beauty Look from Bham Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Art BLT was nice enough to lend us their photo from Birmingham Fashion Week. I was so bummed because mine came out blurry, and this was my favorite beauty look from the entire night. I know it looks crazy, and don’t worry, I don’t want you to paint your eyebrows neon pink and royal blue, but once you translate runway to real way, the effect is stunning. Check out my interpretation below!

I know, you might think mixing pink and blue will make you look like an 80’s clown, but trust me, it’s so sexy and the colors really compliment eachother. Just keep the rest of your face neutral and you’ll be golden.

1. Do your usual primer, concealer, and powder routine. You want to make your face look flawless as a backdrop for these punchy colors.
2. Next, take a hot pink blush like this one from Bobbi Brown and contour your cheeks. It looks bright in the compact, but it’s really sheer and pretty when it’s on. To contour, make the oh-so-attractive fishy face and put blush on the fattest part of your cheeks. In the holllows, dust a little bronzer.
3. Next, use a skin-colored eyeshadow and draw a cat-eye with a royal blue liner.
4. Finish off the look with fuschia gloss and some fun nail polish!

Enjoy your new look! HCXO.

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.