Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UAB Archives

Holly Robinson Has a Penchant for Danger

By Jaime Ritter
April 22, 2012 - 12:14am

The Basics:
Name: Holly Robinson
Major: Studio Art
Hometown: Sligo, Ireland
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Relationship Status: Single Holly Robinson isn't your average UAB student. She's from Ireland, which she will be quick to tell you, is NOT in part of the Soviet Union. Sit back as this hottie gives you a geography lesson!
  HC: What are your hobbies andinterests?
HR: Partying, karaoke, outdoorsy things, sports, basically anything for an adrenaline rush. READ MORE

UAB Assists in Autism Research

By Kaylyn Alexander
April 21, 2012 - 10:57pm

The Alabama Senate voted 32-0 for legislation earlier this month, in favor for private insurance companies to offer more health coverage for autism treatment, according to Bama Hager, parent advocate for the Autism Bill and Policy Advisor of the Autism Society of Alabama.  READ MORE

The Girl with the Dragon Costume

By Jaime Ritter
April 18, 2012 - 6:26pm

Name: Addie Phillips
Hometown: Prattville, AL
Year: Junior
Major: Physical Education-Exercise Science
Relationship Status: Single ready to mingle!! Addie Phillips is a gorgeous, funny girl who bleeds green & gold. Oh, and did we mention she's also the UAB mascot? Yeah, we're serious...this girl's duties include everything from doing the wop to washing our favorite furry friend's mascot suit.  READ MORE

National LBGT Day of Silence

By Kaylyn Alexander
April 17, 2012 - 7:48pm

What?: National Day of Silence
For?: To protest the silence faced by LGBT people and their allies
When?: Friday, April 20th, 2012
Where?: Across the nation
Sponsored by: GSSA and USGA READ MORE

Jimmy Marion Says that Big Things Come in Small Packages!

By Jaime Ritter
April 16, 2012 - 12:21pm

The Basics Name: Jimmy Marion
Hometown: Birmingham, AL
Year: Sophomore
Major(s): Business Management
Astrological sign: Gemini
Relationship status: Taken Jimmy isn't short, he is fun-sized! This cutie wants to take his girlfriend to Paris (how sweet!) and claims that big things do come in small packages!  READ MORE

6'5 Danny Manlow Has a Big...Heart!

By Jaime Ritter
April 16, 2012 - 12:06pm

The Basics: READ MORE

Meet the Ladies of HC UAB!

By Jaime Ritter
April 14, 2012 - 9:59pm

It dawned on me the other day that our readers probably can't put a face to our writing unless they actually know us! I mean, we have events and constantly try to pick your brains, so now the tables are turned and I asked my team the same questions we ask you all every week!  So without further adeiu, the ladies of Her Campus UAB...   READ MORE

Blogs We <3

By Karla Khodanian
April 14, 2012 - 9:27pm

Here at HC UAB, we love us some internet, and being lovers of the internet means that we are lovers of all the glorious blogs out there!  The wild world of blogging is where inspiration abounds online.  From baking to fashion to DIY crafts, there’s a blog out there for every interest!  Filled with advice, anecdotes, and lovely pictures galore, these blogs serve as the perfect distraction when our professors are droning on just a tad bit too long.  So, filled with the good cheer of spring time, we thought we would let you in on some of our favorites!
  READ MORE

Meet Kristina Vaughn!

By Clara Cid
April 14, 2012 - 9:17pm

Name: Kristina Vaughn
Year: Senior
Major: Biology
Relationship Status: Taken (Sorry, boys!)
  HC: Why did you choose UAB over a school like Alabama or Auburn?
KV: I decided to go to UAB because I wanted to major in biology and eventually go into physical therapy, and UAB is more focused in health science than any of the other universities in Alabama. I also got a scholarship to run track and a good academic scholarship so that was also part of my choice to come to UAB. READ MORE

Spring...and Allergies Are Here!

By Kaylyn Alexander
April 14, 2012 - 9:04pm

Tip for pollen allergies: Purchase some local honey and take 2 tablespoons a day to prevent pollen allergies. Why? Local honey has small amounts of pollen in the mix that will act as an immunity factor for when the hardcore pollen starts to infiltrate Birmingham.    READ MORE