Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UAB Archives

#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen

By Jaime Ritter
April 28, 2012 - 10:18pm

#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen... This hash tag has been recently trending on Twitter, so I figured I’d set the record straight and confront the awkward moments head-first so you’ll know exactly what to do should an “awkward moment” arise. 
#ThatAwkwardMomentWhen...You are at a party and are talking to a person you’ve met before...but you can’t remember their name.  READ MORE

Summer Trends Report

By Jaime Ritter
April 28, 2012 - 10:05pm

Summer is just around the corner and we've rounded up six things you should absolutely invest in when the weather warms up.  READ MORE

Jambalaya and Jams

By Jaime Ritter
April 28, 2012 - 9:37pm

Outside the HUC, students gather to hear some smooth jazz and get some southern food like cornbread and homemade jambalaya. Yum!  READ MORE

Meet Danielle Parker

By Kelly Leuch
April 28, 2012 - 9:25pm

Name: Danielle Parker
Hometown: Mobile, AL
Major/Minor: Spanish/Social Work
Relationship Status: Single HC: Where do you see yourself in the future?
DP: I eventually want to move back to Costa Rica after I get my Masters.   HC: What are your hobbies/interests?
DP: Dancing is my life. I´ve branched out from ballet to more Latin styles like Salsa. I also love being outdoors.  READ MORE

Calling All Fashionistas: A Fashion Show to Benefit Tornado Victims

By Jaime Ritter
April 28, 2012 - 9:19pm

READ MORE

Why Should You Vote for HC UAB in the Campus to Contiki Contest?

By Jaime Ritter
April 26, 2012 - 12:48pm

So, Her Campus is hosting a Campus to Contiki contest.  Basically, the awesome travel site, Contiki is giving away one of their awesome vacation packages for FREE to a Her Campus Campus Correspondent (LIKE US, HINT HINT!). So, what we need you to do is vote for us in the contest here.  READ MORE

USGA Mixer

By Kaylyn Alexander
April 22, 2012 - 12:46am

This week, UAB Undergraduate Student Graduate Association (USGA) will host its first event of the 2012-2013 academic year, the "Meet Your New USGA Representatives" Mixer. The event will take place on Wednesday, April 25th at 6:00 p.m. in the Blazer RLC. "We would like to show all our supporters, friends, and fellow Blazers that we really appreciate everything you do. We are all working toward a common goal: improving UAB for all students!" says Adrian Jones, USGA President-elect. READ MORE

Hot Potato

By Jaime Ritter
April 22, 2012 - 12:42am

This "pig in the potato patch" is from Jim n' Nicks. It is a little slice of heaven, but I don't even want to know how many calories it packs. So, despite indulging in the occasional treat at everyone's favorite BBQ place in 5 points, I came up with a lighter version. Here's how to make it yourself! *(This serves one, so double up the recipe accordingly) READ MORE

Ideas for Going Green on Earth Day!

By Jaime Ritter
April 22, 2012 - 12:26am

Turn off the water while you’re brushing your teeth. Letting the water run when you’re not even using it is such a waste, it’s a small adjustment, but it has a bigger impact than you think. Recycle! There are recycling bins all around campus, everywhere from the HUC to the library, so instead of throwing your Starbucks cup away, throw it in the recycling bin! It takes three seconds of your time, but rather than ending up in a landfill, it could be made into a playground for kids! READ MORE

Conquering Lonely

By Karla Khodanian
April 22, 2012 - 12:18am

READ MORE