Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UAB Archives

HC UAB re-launches on November 4!

By UAB Contributor
October 16, 2014 - 5:46pm

READ MORE

Oktoberfest: Birmingham Edition

By Kaylyn Alexander
September 14, 2012 - 6:16pm

Between September 22nd-October 7th, raise your glass and shout out the German equivalent of "Cheers,"--"Prost!"--for Oktoberfest.
Oktoberfest is an annual festival that has been celebrated in Munich for over 200 years; however, cities around the world hold celebrations modeled after the Munich event. READ MORE

The Best-Kept Secrets of UAB

By Marissa Goins
September 10, 2012 - 6:49pm

When you go to college, there are dozens of people designed to be your mentors. You are given orientation leaders, RAs, and advisors. Each and every one is set out to make sure you have the “best college experience ever.” They tell you the hours of the dining hall, which classes you need to take, and that finding balance is the key to happiness. READ MORE

Tallulah Designs Combines Fashion and Function

By Jaime Ritter
September 2, 2012 - 4:40pm

Recently, I went to the Tallulah's Designs One Year Anniversary Trunk Show at City Arts Boutique. It showcased Montgomery-native designer Heather William's pieces for late summer and fall. The event was totally chic, complete with a popup bar with a mixologist serving up cocktails, appropriately named "The Tallulah" and "The Seam Ripper", respectively. The designer was so southern and sweet, but don't underestimate her. She was the recipient of the “Regions 2011 New Venture Challenge”, and since its opening in 2011, the Tallulah’s Designs brand is carried in three retailers in two Southern states and has participated in countless fashion events including New Orleans Fashion Week and Birmingham Fashion Week....

The Truth About Roofies

By Kaylyn Alexander
September 2, 2012 - 3:31pm

George Jean Nathan once said, “I only drink to make other people seem interesting." Unfortunately, that "lady" or "gent" next to you in the bar agrees; and, some will go the extra mile to ensure that you will be as interesting as they want you to be. I don't mean to be your mother or life coach, but I'm taking a stab at my first science-meets-sociology article to pull a reluctant issue to the surface: Spiking drinks. It has become a common trend for these demographics:
1. Birmingham party and venue-goers
2. College students
3. Strong, independent males AND females READ MORE

Meet Hunter Childers

By Holly Vaughn
August 27, 2012 - 4:56pm

Name: Hunter Childers
Age: 18
Hometown: Red Bay, AL
Year: Freshman
Major: Pre-Med
Relationship status: Sorry girls! He’s taken!!!
Favorite Movie: 21 Jump Street
Favorite Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival
HerCampus: What are your hobbies that you like to do in your spare time?
HC: I really enjoy doing a lot of physical activities. For example, I really love to go rock climbing at the UAB Rec Center. I am also really into playing football and basketball. When I am not doing that, I enjoy to fish as well. READ MORE

Panhellenic Recruitment: The Real Deal on Rushing

By Marissa June Goins
August 20, 2012 - 8:24pm

It’s that time of year again! Make way for eccentric outfits, re-written pop songs, and glitter galore. Cheers, chants, and coordinated outfits, brace yourself. Ladies, break out your pearls: Panhellenic recruitment is here. Starting this Wednesday, each night Panhellenic Council will host events for girls looking to go Greek. To kick off recruitment, there will be a tea party on the Green Wednesday night for potential new members (PNMs) to come out and mingle with sisters before formal recruitment begins. READ MORE

Things to do This Mother's Day

By Jaime Ritter
May 8, 2012 - 5:44pm

This Mother's Day, celebrate your mother (or other lovely lady) who means the world to you. Every mama is different, so find the event that best suits her! Does your mom....   Love to eat? Take her to Mother's Day brunch at Little Savannah Restaurant on 3811 Clairmont Ave. S. For reservations and details call 205-591-1119 or check out the website here.  Love to workout? READ MORE

Mother's Day

By Jaime Ritter
May 8, 2012 - 4:58pm

Don't forget that this Sunday, May 13th is Mother's Day. Even if you don't have a biological mother, or you're not close, take the time to say "thanks" to someone who has always been there for you. Here is a list of things to do with your mom (or other special lady) this Sunday.  READ MORE

Meet Andrew Eubanks, Lacrosse Stud

By Jaime Ritter
May 1, 2012 - 5:11pm

Name:Andrew Eubanks
Age: 19
Year: Sophomore
Majors/Minors: Nursing Major/Spanish Minor
Relationship Status: In a relationship READ MORE