To All The Women Struggling to Find Their Place in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

To all the women struggling to find their place in college, it’s okay! Your college years are the most trying times in your adult life, but you’ll survive. Take these steps to find your place and most importantly yourself. ❤️

1. Join an organization; Joining organizations are the best way to meet new people. You get the best of both worlds …. Meeting so many diverse people and coming together over a common interest. 

2. Go to social mixers; Whether it’s a mixer in your residence hall or a mixer held by another organization. Either will be a good experience and you’ll meet new people. 

3. Step out of your comfort zone; You’ll meet people you’ve never would’ve thought you’d ever talk to. Also remember to be yourself, this is how you’ll meet the best people and make the most genuine forever friendships. Make it your goal to sit with people whom you don’t know & it’ll either be the best decision you’ll ever make or it’ll be a lesson for the future.

4. Join a Sorority; This is where you’ll meet your best-friends and bridesmaid. These are the women who will know every little thing about you and will help you become the best possible version of yourself. 

So if you are struggling to find your place in college, just remember be open because everything will fall into its place and you’ll end up exactly where you need to be.

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Alumnae | Her Campus Chapter Advisor?
HCUAB