bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Energy Boosting Breakfast Meals Under $5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

As the end of the semester approaches, our dining dollars run short, and we are pushed for time between packing for move-out day and studying for finals. Instead of binging on Starbucks, start your day off with these affordable, energy boosting breakfast meals to power you through exams.

1. Green Smoothies

If you are a fan of cold drinks, then you will love this one. All you will need is your favorite fruits and spinach. This green smoothie is perfect on the go and for staying chill in hot weather. Spinach is one of the top super foods. It’s filled with nitrates that help power the mitochondria to help our cells function efficiently and give fuel to our muscles.  Popeye’s was right about spinach, after all.

2. Eggs

They can be eaten in a variety of ways. Whether you like them boiled, scrambled, or over easy, they provide us with the right amount of protein and B-vitamin to keep us going and aid in the break down of food for energy.

3. Greek Yogurt

Another breakfast item perfect for on the go, Greek yogurt is packed with protein to help decrease the rate of digestion to sustain you through out the day. It’s also good for probiotics, which can give you an instant energy boost.

4. Apples & Peanut Butter

According to livestrong.com, apples are more energizing than coffee. That’s right. They provide you with the necessary number of calories and carbs to keep you boosted way longer than coffee. Pair with peanut butter for additional protein.

5. Oatmeal

A classic breakfast choice that is easy and fast to prepare for a tight schedule. With whole grains and carbs, this is the right choice for someone looking to power through an 8+ hour day. 

Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule