etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Make Last Minute Spring Break Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Spring Break is arguably one of the most exciting weeks of college. Whether that means you have a wild week planned or you’re just going to catch up on sleep, spring break is highly anticipated. Don’t have plans yet? Don’t worry there’s still time to make the most of your time off! Gather some friends and put together your resources for some quick planning and a fun time! 

1. Reach out to family and close friends for a place to say.

Finding a place to stay might be the hardest part of planning a spring break trip. Nine times out of ten there are other schools that share the same break as you, which means that hotel rooms and air bnb’s will be booked to the max. If you have family or friends that live near your destination ask them if you can stay with them! Asking for a free stay may not be ideal, but you can always offer to pay and make it clear that you will be purchasing any other items you might need during your visit. Crashing with family or friends is also a great way to spend time with people you care about! Hit the beach during the day and then catch up with everyone slumber party style! 

2. College hop.

Sometimes our friends don’t have the same spring break as us. If you don’t have anything to do, take turns visiting each other during your respective breaks! Have your B.F.F. show you the best spots on campus, their favorite Thursday night hangout and the most delicious midnight diner. College hopping can be extremely budget-friendly and achievable in a short period of time. 

3. Plan a day trip. 

Spring break is a week long, and let’s face it… it can be expensive to do something the entire time. Planning a day trip is always a great option. With the help of some friends you can pick a car, pitch in on gas, and spend the day exploring a new place. Some things you can do on a day trip are visit museums, shop, try local eateries, and of course find the best Instagram spots! Remember to do your research and plan a trip that best fits your bank account! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents. 
HCUAB