Summer in Laradise

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

A Laramie summer is essential to an education at the University of Wyoming. At this point you may be wondering why a Laramie summer is so important. The trees bloom, no snow covers the roads (usually), the farmer’s market comes to town every Friday starting in July, and overall the town slows down. For whatever reason, I adore Laramie in the summer. Maybe the lack of classes and serious responsibilities creates the perfect atmosphere (probably the real reason to call Laramie ‘Laradise’). Maybe the prospect of Jubilee Days and Cheyenne Frontier Days bring an excitement that just does not happen during the year. Whatever it is, summertime in Laramie is my favorite time in Laramie. Huntin’, Fishin’, and Lovin’ Every Day is probably about Laramie, so if you get the opportunity to spend a summer here, do it.

Hiking

If you don’t go hiking during the summer in Laramie, what are you doing? You’re close to so many beautiful areas, take advantage of neature and the easy exercise. Laramie only has a few months of perfect weather, so why not go and get your mountain fix!

Fishing

Again, you’re literally surrounded by great places to go do outdoor things including fishing. What better way to just relax and enjoy the nature of Wyoming? Then when you finish your adventures in fishing, you can enjoy other aspects of nature in Wyoming.

Jubilee Days

Jubliee Days is a week of rodeo, music, street dances, and Brewfest in July. No matter what your interest, Jubliee Days is for you. Laramie becomes so alive and bright when it’s Jubliee Days time.

Farmer’s Market

Every week starting in July and running until September is the farmer’s market downtown. You want cupcakes, Palisade peaches, veggies, salsa, honey, or bread? Come through, the Laramie Farmer’s Market has what you need.

Ice Cream

What is summer vacation without eating frozen treats? Big Dipper is a local ice cream spot with options for lactose-free folks also! If you’re spending time in Laramie over the summer, treat yo’ self!

Cheyenne Frontier Days

I know, not technically in Laramie, but still a major event within an hour of Laramie. Cheyenne Frontier Days almost always has great bands and a good rodeo. If you have some free time in July, check out CFD!

Biking

Laramie has some nice bike trails (or even if you go out to Vedawoo). Why drive around a city with a radius of 5 miles when you can bike?

This list does not come close to showing wonderful summertime is in Laramie. Experience it for yourself. Have a great summer!

3/4/5/6

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.