This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

“I don’t care” is a pretty common term this time of year – I know I say it. But when I stop and think, I actually care about lots of stuff. Here’s a list.

My family

My mom is the first person I call when I get off work early and want to procrastinate homework. My dad just started a new job, so I think about him a lot. My brother is working through community college, and I try my hardest to support him. I definitely care about the wellbeing of my unit.

My friends

Without my herd, I would be pretty lost and wouldn’t have anyone to share my stories with – or create them. I need at least one friends if I want to be a part of a group costume!

My bike

Without Kimberley the turquoise Bianchi, I wouldn’t make it to work, I wouldn’t make it to school, I wouldn’t make it to the bars. She’s always there for me, and thank goodness!

My grades

While a 4.0 is not possible at this point, I will constantly strive for a 3.9. If only Dr. Patton would agree…

My health

People keep sniffling around me. Please stop. If I get sick, I will be pissed. Or maybe not – just a reason to sleep more!

Food

Eating is a very important part of who I am. I’ve been teaching myself to cook, and turns out I’m pretty mediocre at fajitas…

Fajita Fun Facts

…whenever I make fajitas, I always spout off fajita fun facts. Did you know fajita is pronounced fa-jeet-uh? Did you know fajitas were invented on the French-German border? Did you know the main ingredient in fajitas is enthusiasm?

Tea

I had no idea I liked chai tea until I accidentally bought it thinking it was just Vanilla Caramel tea. Make it half French vanilla creamer and I’m good to go. I could also drink a gallon of Coal Creek’s Burroughs’ Brew.

The dog that lives a few blocks away

A few blocks from my house is some sort of lab/St. Bernard/mutant dog mix. He’s giant and could easily jump the fence around his yard, and he always rests his arm on mine when I lean over to say hi. I would be crushed if something happened to him. Bonus: he’s named after my favorite condiment, Mayo.

Going outside

Wyoming’s about to get nasty, so I’m going to go outside while I can still breathe outside.

My house

I love where I live. Even though the floors creak and I can’t open the top kitchen cabinets, my house is my home and opening the door every evening makes me feel instantly warm and cozy. Plus I have a pretty cool roommate and next door neighbors.

Defeating the patriarchy

A friend recently said: “If I’m not battling my period, I’m battling the patriarchy. Sometimes both.” Agreed.