This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

It’s that crazy time in the semester where you have to eat, sleep, shower and do homework before your test tomorrow. We both know you’re not going to get all of those things done (don’t worry, I’ve been there plenty of times). That’s why I’ve put together a list of my favorite 5-minute dorm room recipes that are healthy and can be made faster than you can take that shower that you’re not going to take.

Wraps: Mix your choice of protein (turkey, tuna, etc.) with hummus and your choice of veggies in a spinach or wheat tortilla.

Eggs: Mix two eggs with your choice of veggies (spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.). Microwave two minutes.

Pro tip: if you microwave it in a larger bowl, you can make a bagel sandwich!

Fried Rice: Use microwaveable white or brown rice (or leftover white rice from your favorite Chinese place) and mix with soy sauce, one egg, and spices of your choice. I recommend salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Add a mixture of veggies and chicken for a more nutritious meal.

Pro tip: I add edamame and convince myself that it’s a protein and a veggie!

Potatoes: microwave potatoes (or sweet potatoes, my favorite!) by themselves until soft. Feel free to eat it as a baked potato or make mashed potatoes.

Overnight oats: This is personally my favorite breakfast because it is so delicious and I can make them for multiple days at once. I prefer to use to-go coffee mugs so I can throw it away and not carry a mason jar around all day. ½ cup oats (I prefer ¼ cup oats and ¼ cup granola for a little extra flavor), 1 scoop of nut butter or protein powder, ½ banana and ½ cup of your choice of fruit. Add ½ of almond or rice milk on top and you’re good to go! Make multiple cups so you’re set for the week!

Pro tip: I don’t like when the almond milk makes the fruit and granola soggy overnight, so I add the almond milk in the morning right before I leave!

Roasted veggies: Okay, they aren’t actually roasted if you microwave them but they still taste great! Cut up a variety of veggies, mix with a teaspoon of veggies and sprinkle herbs and spices, then microwave in a mug. My favorite is squash and zucchini with rosemary or asparagus with brown sugar and garlic salt (don’t knock it until you try it!).

Nachos: Microwave multigrain tortilla chips with cheese on top, then dip in your favorite salsa. Awesome midnight snack when you’re craving Taco Bell!

Pizza: Make a pizza in the microwave with a pita! Use tomato sauce, low-fat mozzarella, and top with your favorite veggies. My favorite is cherry tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms!

Happy eating!

1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

cover

Katelyn is a marketing student at the University of Wyoming. She was born in Texas, but raised in Colorado to love barbecue, sports and anything outdoors. She is a proud member of Chi Omega, fundraising chair of Alpha Kappa Psi and a marketing intern for UW Athletics. Katelyn travels often and loves to take pictures of where she goes, so if you want to see pictures of some cool places and some dogs, follow @khekkert on Instagram.
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.