7 Pre-date Rituals Every Girl Goes Through

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

For a girl that has been single for most of my college career, I’m a sucker for a good date. In a world full of unanswered text messages, opened snapchats, and late night booty calls, there’s something to say for a guy who is willing to step up and take me out on an actual date. Of course for girls, half the fun of the date is the whole process of getting ready.

1. We have to shave everything: Your roommates are probably yelling at you right now because you are using all of the hot water, but they are going to have to deal because your legs need to be soft as a baby’s bottom.

2. We pick out the perfect outfit: You try on three different outfits, proceed to re-try on the outfits and examine yourself in the mirror, figuring out which one makes your butt looks best. You finally decide on one, then at the last minute you will doubt yourself and change again.

3. We pump ourselves up by playing all the throw backs: Boys, it takes us so long to get ready because we are spending half the time dancing around. What can I say, Fergie makes me feel Glamorous.

4. In a panic, we look up some last minute tips on going on a date: Being yourself sounds nice, but we all know how awkward I can be when I run out of things to talk about and start rambling about my cat.

5. We get distracted looking at cute animals pictures on Twitter: I’m lying on my bed, half dressed. Look, another cute little puppy face! Oh wait I still need to get ready. Focus.

6. We go all out on our makeup: Attempting liquid eyeliner is an art I’ve yet to master. Steady hand now, shit okay try again. Well they aren’t twins, but at least they look like sisters… or distant cousins.

7. We put on our favorite perfume: Because yes, we do know our lovely flowery smell will stick around even after we are gone, and you won’t be able to get us off your mind.

It may seem like a lot of work, but we secretly enjoy it. Most importantly, we are excited because we get to spend the night with our special guy. Whether it’s at a nice restaurant or the movies, we don’t really care where we go, we just look forward to spending time with them.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cover

Sara is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Enviromental and Natural Resources. She was born in Northern Kentucky but has lived in Laramie for 10 years now. She has a communications internship with the Wyoming EPSCoR program and writes for their blog. She also works as a lifegaurd and swim instructor at the local recreation center. To balance out her busy life Sara loves to read, do yoga, and plan her adventures abroad. She enjoys the small things that make life wonderful including rain, green grass, and coffee. One day she hopes to live in Seattle, write for an environmental publication, and travel the world to cover her stories.
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.