11 Signs You Might Be A Grandma…In Your 20s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

I’ve been told on countless occasions that I’m a grandma by my friends to the extent that they even created a nickname for me. They call me “Grandma Hil.” Instead of getting annoyed, I’ve decided to embrace my granny-ness. So, if you have ever been told by your friends or  by anyone else that you tend to exemplify grandma-like qualities, then this article is for you.

1) You appreciate anything that is old-fashioned. 

Whether it’s vintage china tea cups, vintage   fashion, home decór, jewelry, or anything else, you just can’t seem to get enough of it.

2) You swear you were born in the wrong decade.

Deep down, you wish you could go back to an era like the 1920’s or 80’s.

3) You thoroughly enjoy shopping at vintage stores and thrift shops.

Browsing through collections and old pieces is one of your favorite past times.

4) You enjoy watching movies, T.V. shows or reading books that are set in a historical time period but with a modern twist.

For example, Downton Abbey, The Great Gatsby, you name it.

5) You like to drink tea and coffee. All. The. Time.

6) You also enjoy reading books and usually have a cup of tea or coffee beside you.

7) You most likely have a collection of something vintage. 

Mine just happens to be vintage teacups.

8) You and your Grandma are pretty tight. 

She’s basically another one of your friends.

9) After a night out with your friends, you are sometimes the first one to fall asleep…

10) You dream of having a small library, china hutch or something else in your home someday.

11) You don’t write in print, you’re more of a cursive kinda gal.

I think you’ve heard enough. If you have gotten this far down the list, you’re definitely a Grandma. Welcome to the club.

Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,  10, 11

Hilary Lindell

U Wyoming '18

Hilary is a graduate from the University of Wyoming where she got her degree in Communications with a minor in Marketing. She is an avid coffee and tea drinker, enjoys fall, reading, traveling, golfing, fashion and random adventures. Originally a Wyoming native, she has always had a love for the ocean and wished she was a mermaid living near the sea.
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.