It Might Be Socially Acceptable to Orgasm at the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Do you like working out? Like, really, like it? You could be part of a lucky minority of women who are able to coregasm.

A study conducted at Indiana University confirmed that some women are able to to orgasm just by exercising, particularly when doing yoga, abdominal exercises, and lifting weights. The phenomenon is called “coregasming.” The study was unable to determine why or how coregasms happen, but we are very glad they do!

I had never heard of coregasms until my roommate, Jane*, came back from a particularly long gym session one night. When I asked her how she could possibly stay motivated for so long, she laughed and opened up to me about her ability to orgasm while exercising.

Jane discovered her ability to coregasm when she was 13, during a dryland training session with her swim team. While everyone else was complaining about having to do chin-ups, Jane proudly announced that she loved chin-ups because of the warm, tingling sensation they gave her. Her coach immediately knew what she was referring to and burst into laughter before explaining what the sensation meant.

For a 13-year-old who had never heard of an orgasm before, this was a mortifying moment, but now that she’s 20, Jane has completely embraced and perfected her ability to coregasm. She finds that leg raises in The Captain’s Chair are the most effective exercise for her. In an average workout, she says she’s able to “reach the top of the mountain” usually at least four times. “I sometimes worry that people around me know what’s going on,” says Jane, “but what can I say? It’s fun and a great stress reliever!”

I don’t know about you, but the thought of going to the gym has definitely become more appealing. So go and get your workout clothes on- you might have more fun than you think!

*Names have been changed

This article was compiled by the Her Campus at UVic team or published anonymously by one of our writers or a UVic student. If you'd like to submit an article you can contact us at u-vic@hercampus.com.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison