Halloween Costume Predictions 2017: UVic Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Whether you’re reading this for Halloween costume inspiration, or deciding what to avoid this halloween season, these are my predictions for Halloween Costumes for 2017.

Deer (or any cute woodland creature)

This might be relevant only to Victoria, but every year since I’ve lived here I’ve seen at least a dozen deer costumes. They are cute, easy and relevant.

Eleven

With Season 2 of Stranger Things releasing on October 27th, Eleven is an iconic and easy look. A cute pink dress, some eggo waffles and you’re good to go! I hope to see a couple Barbs out there too this year.

Riverdale Characters

Speaking of amazing Netflix shows, Riverdale characters will be huge this year. We will see so many Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodges (and honestly, i’m living for it).

Snapchat Filter

Whether this is the purple flowers filter or the dog filter, you will definitely see these around.

Moana

Disney princesses are always popular, so I would not be surprised to see some Moanas around. I am still singing “How Far I’ll Go” on the reg, so if anyone rocks this costume, please sing that song.

Wonderwoman

The classic “I just need colourful leggings, or I’ll buy a costume from Wal-Mart.” Superheroes are pretty easy, so if you’re looking for something last minute, look no further!

It

Between the Halloween clown fiasco of last year and the release of a clown horror movie this year, I am already seeing tutorials for “It” costumes, so you can bet this will be around. If you are afraid of clowns, maybe keep an eye out.

Memes

I honestly really love this idea. Salt baes, distracted boyfriends, and so many more will be out on the town this Halloween. If someone brings back the angry Arthur memes, I will not be upset.

Fidget Spinner

Might be difficult to execute, but I am sure someone will pull through.

My guess is that we will all see a few of the costumes on this list for Halloween 2017. Any costumes I missed? Comment them below!

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison