timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Everything We Know About Wes Anderson’s New Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

The trailer for Wes Anderson’s new movie, Isle of Dogs, was released on Thursday and we are beyond excited! Here is everything we know about the movie so far.

1. Mark Your Calendar for March 23, 2018

The film is set to be released in theaters on March 23, 2018. Though that’s still six months away, it’s sure to be worth the wait! Unfortunately, the movie won’t be released in time to be considered for the upcoming Academy Awards.

2. A Return to Stop-Motion Animation

This will be Wes Anderson’s second feature-length stop-motion film. After his great success with Fantastic Mr. Fox, we can expect great things!

3. (Some of) The Gang’s All Here!

If anyone should be famous for having a squad, it’s Wes Anderson. He’s known for using many of the same actors throughout his films, so it’s no surprise that we will recognize some of the voice actors in Isle of Dogs from some of Anderson’s other work. These familiar voices will include Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Bob Balaban, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton and Frances McDormand. Unfortunately, there is no sign of Owen Wilson or Jason Schwartzman.

4. Dogs!

It’s all about dogs! In the film, dogs are quarantined on an island because of a “dog-flu.” The plot follows a young boy who ventures off to the island in search of his dog, Spots.

5. Music to Our Ears

It wouldn’t be a Wes Anderson movie without some good indie songs on the soundtrack, and it looks like Isle of Dogs will be no exception. People are already buzzing about the song “I Won’t Hurt You” by The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band from the 60’s, which was used in the Isle of Dogs trailer. On top of this, the score for the film was composed by Alexandre Desplat, who composed the Academy Award-nominated scores for Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

6. It’s Going to Be Amazing

Wes Anderson, dogs and good music – what more could we ask for?

Sources: 1/2

Jess is from Calgary, Alberta, but studies English literature and business at UVic. After her degree, she hopes to pursue a career in the Entertainment Industry. Some of her favourite things are Wes Anderson films, cute coffee mugs and costume parties. When she's not studying or writing for HC, she is usually watching movies, playing soccer or exploring Victoria! 
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison