5 Pumpkin Recipes for Every Occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Nothing says fall quite like red leaves, cold weather, and, you guessed it, pumpkin-spice everything. Starbucks definitely got it right with its signature PSL, and I don’t know about you but I wish I could have one with every meal. Well, I really wish I could have one for every meal. But, instead of blowing $5 on every cup I’ve decided to share with you my favourite pumpkin recipes so that we can all delight in this amazing season together.

1. Breakfast: Pumpkin Scones

I swear these will make you a morning person. Eating these scones is like eating dessert for breakfast, but in a socially acceptable way. Making them with both glazes is delicious but they honestly still taste amazing with only one glaze, or even plain!

2. “Lunch”: Pumpkin Bread

I know, I know, it’s a bit of a stretch to call pumpkin bread lunch (although I have eaten an entire pumpkin loaf for dinner before…) but this recipe is just too damn good not to share. I personally prefer this recipe without the chocolate chips, but everyone I’ve made it for has liked it plain, with chocolate, pumpkin seeds, or walnuts!

3. Dinner: Pumpkin Pasta

I know, it’s a little weird, but trust me on this one. I really like this recipe, especially because it’s pretty versatile and very unlike other pasta recipes. I like to add a little more nutritional yeast (because that stuff is amazing) but you can totally tailor it any way you’d like!

4. Dessert: Pumpkin Cookies

Now we all know that dessert is the actual most important meal of the day, so even though those scones you ate for breakfast were delicious, you have got to try out these amazing pumpkin cookies. If you’ve got the time (and the patience to not just eat them all right as they come out of the oven!), these cookies are great with the glaze, but they still taste awesome without it too.

5. Midnight Snack: Pumpkin Hot Chocolate

The best thing about this pumpkin hot chocolate is that you can drink it even if you’ve already had a PSL that day… because they’re totally different things, right? For this recipe I just used a ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips as they’re easier to find and usually cheaper.

Pro-tip: this recipe makes 3-4 serving, and definitely makes a good bribing tool if you want your roommates to do the dishes.

I know I can’t wait to start baking (and eating) 24/7. I hope you try out some of these amazing fall recipes, and be sure to let me know any that I missed! What are you most excited about for fall? Let us know! HCXO!

Abby was born and raised in Victoria and loves it here on the island. She's a fourth-year (!) student studying Political Science and the Human Dimensions of Climate Change. When she's not studying, chances are you can find her playing soccer, biking, or watching The West Wing.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison