This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by: Veronika Potylitsina    

Traveling and earning a university credit while exploring the world is the perfect experience for a student. The University of Toronto offers a number of different courses over the summer in varying subjects. Something that intrigued me was the possibility to study French and travel throughout France while doing so. So the decision was made for me to take a French language course in France. 

After applying for the program, I was unsure of whether or not I would actually go through with it. However, I am glad I made the decision to go for it. Yes, it was nerve-wracking to live abroad for a month, but the experience was completely worth it.

Classes took place Monday to Friday, but the days were never too long. Not only that, but weekends were perfect for exploring different cities across the country; a few short train rides provided access to a remarkable range of experiences.  Studying abroad allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of the French language as a whole, not to mention all of the incomparable sights I was able to see. I would recommend studying abroad to anyone who is thinking about it. The personal and academic benefits to the experience cannot be matched by any other means. If you’re ever debating going abroad for school, go for it. You will expand your horizons beyond anything you thought possible. 

A finalized description of the courses offered for the summer of 2018 will be updated mid-December and can be found here. Plenty of scholarships are available too, so why not apply?