This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited By: Joy Jiang

With midterms coming around, study sessions are at its peak! A great way to tackle the books while staying focused is by listening to music. If classical music or “Brain Power” playlists on YouTube don’t do it for you, perhaps try something new, like Korean indie, or K-indie for short. While KPOP is a booming industry, K-indie is also a genre that should not be underestimated. 

If you’re not fully sure how to begin your journey into the world of K-indie, here are a few well-renowned artists to start listening to, as well as recommended songs for your soul: 

I. Standing Egg 여름밤에 우린 (Summer Night You And I)

II. Acourve 하고 싶은 말 (What I Want To Say)

III. IU ft. G-Dragon  팔레트 (Palette) 

IV. Urban Zakapa 커피를 마시고 (Drinking Coffee/Caffè Latte) 

V. J. Rabbit Falling in Love

VI. Bolbaggan4 우주를 줄게

Bonus:  Seventeen’s Jeonghan & Joshua Falling For U

It is also worth noting that danielions playlists, a YouTube channel loaded with a variety of amazing K-indie songs are also there for you to explore! 

K-indie might be a genre completely out of your comfort zone. Regardless of the language barrier, the riveting melodies of the indie genre still leave the listener feeling calm, happy, and focused. Perfect for the midterm season! 

Patricia Pendon is currently a student at the University of Toronto, majoring in English. She is an avid reader and hopes to improve her writing abilities with the help of Her Campus. A curious spirit, Patricia enjoys exploring new places, especially nature and cafes. She is a part-time wallflower and a certified crybaby.